The leaving cert 2016 is approaching fast. It’s 10 weeks from today until the leaving cert begins and some of you are probably starting to worry. There isn’t really much need to though as the statistics are in your favour. We are going to be releasing some statistics from last year’s leaving certificate results that will hopefully put your mind at rest! Follow us on Twitter using the hashtag #leavingcertstats to see our updates on leaving cert stats over the next few weeks.
With ten weeks to go it would be advisable to focus on past papers and marking schemes. Looking at the papers and using the marking schemes to see how answers should be structured will help you maximise your chances of getting the best grades that you can. Have a look at our Leaving Cert Exam Papers section to find the subjects that you are studying and get started now!
For some key stats, have a look at our other posts in this series:
1. High level of honours grades in leaving cert maths
2. Very high pass rates for Higher and Ordinary Level Irish in 2015
3. Higher Level English is more popular than ordinary level
4. Girls outperforming boys in French – pass rates are high overall
5. High level of honours grades in leaving cert maths