How to get a copy of your leaving cert results

You can order a certificate of results free of charge if you’ve sat the leaving cert in the years 2006-2011 inclusive. In order to do so, you must visit the state examinations commission website and register through this link.

You will be asked a series of questions such as the year you sat the leaving cert, your examinations number and your PPS number. You may need to contact your school in order to obtain your examination number if you do not have it.

If you sat your leaving cert previous to 2006, you can still order a statement of results through this link however the cost is €14.50. In this case you do not need to know your examination number (although it speeds up the process if you do).

The State Examinations Commission holds records of the following examination results:
Intermediate Board Examination Results 1879-1924

  • Junior Grade
  • Middle grade
  • Senior grade

Intermediate Board Examination Results 1879 – 1924

  • Junior Grade
  • Middle grade
  • Senior grade

Department of Education 1925 – 2002

  • Inter Certificate 1925 – 1991
  • Group Certificate 1947 – 1991
  • Junior Certificate 1992 – 2002
  • Leaving Certificate 1924 – 2002
  • Leaving Certificate Applied 1997 – 2002

State Examinations Commission 2003 onwards

  • Leaving Certificate 2003 – 2012
  • Junior Certificate 2003 – 2012
  • Leaving Certificate Applied 2003 – 2012

6 thoughts on “How to get a copy of your leaving cert results”

  1. Susan Mullarkey

    I would like to get a copy of my leaving cert results. I sat the leaving cert in 1983, 1984, and for 3 subjects in 1987 and one subject in 2003.

    Can I get a copy of all these results and what would the cost be?

  2. Are the results just the letter grades, or can I get percentage scores in each subject ? I sat the leaving in 1978.

    1. The results are always just letter grades. The only time you see % grades is when appealing results (which only current students can do).

Leave a Reply