Hey I’m Chloe I’m new to the leavingcert.com and currently in 5th year and there’s just this one question that keeps bugging me. How much to write for higher English? My teacher is just.. I don’t know how she got employed, let’s put it that way. Now for English she works us like slaves, 6 pages of homework every night and it’s sheer pain. How much does your teacher require you to write?
According to my teacher..
1. Comprehensions: We must write one page for each question on Section A and a total of three pages for Section B.
2. Composing (Essay): Here we’re required to write 6 pages minimum.
3. Poetry: Again we must minimum write 6 pages and refer to at least 6 poems by the specific poet.
4. Comparative: Which we haven’t started but again we have been told we must write another 6 pages.
5. Single Text (Macbeth): And guess how many pages? Ding Ding we have a winner it’s another 6 pages.
How much do you have to write for each sections? Like it’s always quality before quantity and these 30 pages of waffle will probably get less marks than 15 pages of sheer brilliance.
Thanks for reading, please reply.